April 6, 2010

Indian Media Test & Results. News Channel or Views Channel.

I took a surprise test of Indian Media today. The moment i was back from Office, i switched on TV as usual. But i made my mind & decide that News channel which will not be running Ayesha-shoaib story will be my Favourite channel. Some channels were not eligible in that. I have high regards for some channels. But Surprise is a surprise & commitment is a commitment.To my surprise Times Now was running the same ayesha-shoaib story, being a channel on my good books. I gave them extra time of 2-3 Minutes & convince myself it might be just coincidense that time when i tuned in channel was running thier 1 minute reporting. But when it continued for more than 5 minutes. I quit & honoured my self commitement. Times Now is no more on my good books by default. It have to earn my respect all over again.
Mood changed, so did channel.Next on radar is NDTV 24x7. They were discussing Food Security with good panel of people. I watched for good 5 minutes, partially because i want to know about food security & mainly because i want to know real mentality of channel. Whether they will come back to same story everyone is running. they didn't. Full Marks.
NDTV india was third under scanner. They were discussing how media is slowly starting to pass judgement. Nice issue raised. Full marks again.

NDTV is my Favourite channel. May be Time(s) to change Now. I will watch News channel who reports. Not Views Channel who give judgement. Media Terrorism is going on. No one can Control. only complains.

No comments:

Post a Comment