May 14, 2010

Rare species : Indian Teenager in Dubai Public Bus

I notice a rare species in Dubai Public Bus Today.i saw an Indian Teenager Boy in bus. In first place, I never realize that that it is a rare thing until today. When i saw a 12 years old Indian boy , it felt little odd. I look around the bus & there was no other kid of his age. I start thinking why it is feeling odd to me. I have to find my answer anyhow, so i wear my (virual) logic cap & lost into deep thoughts & analysis (yes! i do analyse random things often). Then i realizes It is not everyday that you see some indian teenager in public bus in dubai. Next Logical step was to find out the reasons behind it. Most of the people Travelling in bus are 20-50 years old, almost 99% of them. Most of them come here to work. so Naturally more productive age group is 20-50. But normally man in his 40s will be having some teenager kids. Logic was simple & plain. Most of people who travel in bus earn less than say 8000 dirhams PM. So thier families will be back home in India & those who earn enough to support family & kids can definately afford a car. Affording is Car is much cheaper than keeping a family in the city (with school going teenager even difficult). you move from "Can afford a car" to "can afford keeping a family without (school going) kids" to "Can afford keeping a family with teenagers". Time you are in third bracket, you have passed the first bracket (Afford a Car). Hardly a teenager subcontinent whose family does not own a car (it is like saying person having Car in india will be having a mobile also, in all probability). that was the reason why it is such a rarity. My feed my logic hungry mind & get down at next stop. I raised the Question & got answer by myself. In that sense it was even more Satisfactory.(amazing how it do wonder ur your self respect when most of your Question are answered by none other than yourself).

No comments:

Post a Comment