December 6, 2011

Ek Alag si love story! My love story...


It’s a love story & it’s mine.
You don’t plan to fall in love you just do. I am still confused if this love story needs to be told. I am not sure if I can call it a love story in first place. Is it one sided or she loves me too? We know each other for a long time (6 years & 1 day to be precise) we have seen ups & downs of each other’s life. There are moments when I feel I owe everything to her then there are moments when I feel she is not the one for me.
I remember clearly, I first met her on Dec 5, 2005. She celebrated her 34th birthday few days back. I was little uneasy to interact with her as I am with everything new. She almost ignored me at first. For her I was just another guy. Like anyone else, I found her glamorous & hot. It’s difficult to get the attention of someone who everyone has his eyes set on. A poet has described it beautifully ‘sab ki saqi pe nazar ho ye zaroori hai magar, sab pe saq ki nazar ho zaroori toh nahin’. Cleanliness, hygiene & fast pace were her trademark habits. Those who can’t keep pace with her will found her cruel & emotionless. She treats you nicely once you get her attention. She is not even after your money. She makes you comfortable once she likes you but demands your full attention all the time. I didn’t expect much from her, I didn’t demand anything. She introduces me to strangers many of them became friends. I must confess she is not a natural beauty but she has maintained herself well enough. She can give natural beauties run of their money (Dollar, pound or euro).
 Our relationship was supposed to be professional, just pure business. She was young, beautiful & eager to make her mark in the world. She is very conscious of her looks, she wanted to impress everyone. She was busy achieving professional successes for next three years. Everyone around seems to have their eyes set on her. Every action of her was under scanner, she loved it. Every word uttered by her was like a quote from bible. Everyone was noticing her just like she wanted. She was enjoying all the attention. Life was a long sweet dream. I witnessed the time when all the limelight was on her. She looked too high class for me. In four years, we came to know each other better but our relationship never moved to next level. Monotonous excitement is boring. We started taking each other for granted. Some decision of her & some of the others lend her dream in trouble. She was forced to put her dreams & ambitions on the back burner due to circumstances around. Things were not going as per her plan. God doesn’t follow your plan. When your downward journey starts last to join are the first to leave. They are often the new rich friends attracted to your success not your personality. Rich admirers started leaving her. It was ‘blessing in disguise’ for me. Life surprises you when you expect it the least. All of a sudden, she gave me more attention & respect. Anything which brings you closer to your love is welcome. Her failure was that anything. Failure which brings you close is not failure. She was all praise for me & my qualities many of which I developed in last four years. In last four years, I changed myself to her liking. I wanted to get her attention & her love. I did many things to impress her but failed. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Just when I was losing hope gradually things started getting better. Her treatment of mine changed drastically. It gave me a fresh hope. She started taking over me slowly, she becomes the oxygen I inhale, she becomes the flower I smell. No matter how heart-broken you might have felt for years, just a right look of her is enough to overcome everything. You are bound to fall in love with someone who treats you nicely with respect & dignity. Since last one & half year, we are getting stronger. Many of her fake admirers have left her leaving genuine one like me with her. Time acts as a damper for emotions. It absorbs extreme emotions & makes things normal. It changes things bad or good. Just like time heals the wound, it turns love into merely a habit. In our case, time acted as a catalyst. Our love (or should I say my love?) is getting surprise surprise stronger with time.
Did I tell her name yet, No? She is darling of many. Rishte mein toh wo hamari Mehbooba lagti hai, Naam Hai UAE. Yes! She is UAE (read Dubai). I have fallen in love with this city.
Happy UAE National Day!
PS- I wonder how many of you will read it again keeping Dubai in mind !!!

22 comments:

  1. Simply admirable words and classy presentation. Experience and learning's are apparent. A Journey to remember. Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish.The journey never ends, but Love is in the wind to feel and to live. by @fzlsammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fazal Thanks Fazal for those 'poetic philosophy'..Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Atif..very much can relate to it, but hearing it in someone else's words just makes it all the more special..excellent, and end tak jo suspense tha was very well worth it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atif bhai, qaael kar dia aapne humein. Ek ek lafz aur jumla wazan k saath istemaal kia, aur suspense b laajawaab thi. Loved it. Keep writing bhai. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe. Well played. I was having this feeling from the start that it couldn't be a girl. I thought it was about a Car :)

    Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well written and beautiful. I liked the way you have personified Dubai as a charming, beautiful damsel and the way you created her..lovely. The feelings similar to one I have for my city, Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha when u mentioned she is 34 and young i could gather its about UAE.

    But a nice build up atif. Liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL :D The end shocked me a bit :) Really nice article ( Can I call it like that?). Anyways I liked your way of writing :) Really nice :)
    Poor me because I didn't understand a phrases in hindi ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aila....gazab desh ki azab kahani ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atif Bhai.... har INDIAN....APNA DESH KE saath ithna hee pyar dikhayenge tho..aaj INDIA bahoth aage gaya hotha.........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too good atif bhai!
    very well written, u kept the charm intact till the end.
    keep up the good work.
    rgds,
    Rajora

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best part of the story is that it is about unconditional love. Be it for anybody or anything.
    Also, I liked the way the story has been crafted. Nicely written, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. App ki is anookhi kahani nay mujhe lajawab kr diya hai...tareef krne kay alfaz talash rha hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww Atif!
    Whatte post.. Seriously I LOVED it.

    May God bless you two forever :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww what a love story, you seem fairly sensitive with your feelings, perhaps a true movie buff, anyway i like the way you penned your experience.......... cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally awesome. Full suspense till d end. only in d end when u mentioned UAE I realised. :) d love story is just too good. keep coming up wid stories like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first thought was, OMG! 34 years she is way too old for you :P Nicely written and climax was ultimate :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I almost gasped at the end...lol...good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice story brother, keep it up...

    ReplyDelete