January 12, 2010

My First Poem : My Life in Dubai

The Sun was seting in a winter season.
A son was moving across the ocean.

Sad was son, yet happy was engineer.
Fulfilling my dream to be a designer.

Mom was miles apart,yet close to heart.
I found job, ice, sea & heat in a desert.

Crying in blanket listening silly hindi song.
Lonely in a city, those nights were so long.

Amused by the buildings that were so high,
Looking like a stick, almost touching the sky.

Then the day came, received my first salary.
Not sure if I get paid for work or just slavery.

Finally moved with friends in a tiny room.
It was fun-filled, like teacher less class room.

Time flies, i was design engineer now for ages.
But no complex calculations like i did in college.

Stress now moved from shafts & beams to my head.
Save me of this, Oh God. else soon i will be dead.

Working was worrying, Nice Boss named balaji.
Whom i could understand better than biology.

Design was only about past references.
You are bad if there were any differences.

One year went by working with habib & tripathi.
Eating daily the same lunch of chicken chapati.

Waking up by alarm, sleeping by clock.
Life became dull, no surprises or shock.

Realized, family needs me not my money.
Told myself,no more earning like a donkey.

Did nothing in last 4 years except design.
Thought hard, finally took decision to resign.

Decision was harder than the diamond.
But i do prefer peanuts over almond.

Mohd Atif

No comments:

Post a Comment